Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Method 7 Delicious

I set up a Delicious Account at home for my personal email and only had minor problems.  It seems easy to use but I found that I could only use one word as a tag at a time which of course is the purpose of tagging but I think that sometimes two is necessary.  I was looking up car rental websites for a future trip and somehow the separate words car and rental just didn't seem enough.  I do like the fact that I can have my bookmarks on different computers, for as a librarian I am always using two computers, one in the office and one at the reference desk.  The librarians can share and add websites and tags. I see Delicious not replacing subject heading but as an addition tool.   When everyone can add tags, Delicious becomes more adaptable to new words than subject headings are.  I know that young people would enjoy this as their vocabulary is constantly changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment