Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Beyond Method 3

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

This link will take you to the general area, click my places, then Hunt Walking Tour.

I love Google Maps.  They have done a lot with it in the last few years with street views and satellite views.  However, I find  creating a map full of problems.  When I wanted to put in a description, the increase/decrease bar was in the way and could not be moved so I didn't put in as many descriptions as I wanted to.  I have no idea how I managed to put in the ones I did.  Whenever I was able to use the line tool (very difficult) it would change the positioning of my map after I tyed in the box for the heading and I would have to go back and reposition the map.  If I clicked too close to a landmark on my Richmond map, it would pop up a google description box of that landmark so I gave up on that one.  Too many extranious boxes where popping up every time I clicked.  There should be some way of disabling the description boxes when you are trying to create a map.  

No comments:

Post a Comment