Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Method 12 Reflections

I can see a fully technological library in the near future using all of these Web 2.0 technologies.  I was surprised to see that so many libraries are using Delicious and are tagging their collections.  The technologies that I can see adapting for our small library are Flickr, Delicious, Wiki's and Podcasting.   It will be a long time before Youtube is even considered mainly because it's just too entertaining and staff would be tempted to abuse it.  Google Docs is a great place for patrons to compose and store their reports and resumes.  So many of them don't bring storage devises with them, the computer automatically shuts down and all is lost, but not with Google Docs.  Storing documents in the "cloud" is the wave of the future despite the privacy issues.   I enjoyed this course so much I may have rushed through some of the sections but I got the general idea.  I want to have enough time to complete "Beyond Two Steppin'" before August 31st

No comments:

Post a Comment