Monday, July 25, 2011

Beyond Method 5

I loved Goodreads at first sight although I enjoyed reading some reviews in LibraryThing.  I would like to have a class for our older ladies and gentlemen who are avid readers on how to use Goodreads as I feel it is easier to use.  So many of our patrons read series fiction and finding the next book in the series is easy on Goodreads as well as finding like authors that the patrons will enjoy.  I think that patrons would like to review books on a virtual book club on our library website.  They could find friends from our library or the San Antonio Library who are reviewing on Goodreads.  Teens would enjoy this as well.  The tags are so much easier to create and use than library subject headings.   We have a fair amount of suggestions for purchase and Interlibrary Loans but I think that this would add to it as patrons would be continually finding books that they want to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment