Monday, August 1, 2011

Beyond Method 7





I chose to use Prezi because it looked so radically different from Power Point.  I used Power Point in graduate school and found it very easy to use but there was a sameness to it no matter what subject you chose.  I love using Prezi.  It was fun.  Although I only added a few fields to my presentation, I felt that I learned the basics.  I really liked the simplicity of Prezi; one page to arrange your presentation on and multi use tools like the transformation zebra to change the text or graphics.  I can see when doing a presentation with a lot of information that you would have to be very careful in how you arrange your information and limit the number of zooms so that the audience doesn't get motion sickness.  Before this course, I was not aware of any of the other presentation tools except the one in Google Docs.  Google Docs is very effective for presentations dealing with charts and graphs as they can all be created in the google suite.
The other presentation tools presented, except Slideshare look like various versions of a super power point with the advantage of being in the cloud and accessible wherever there is Internet.
I can see using these tools especially Prezi and Sliderocket on the library website.  I feel that I could help someone coming into the library and looking for an alternative presentation tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment